Team Rubicon is going into its second decade of service with an ever-increasing ops tempo. Numerous logistics support teams, medical elements, and disaster response strike teams have either surged to several locations or are in the process of doing so. these are, of course, in addition to all the Team Rubicon greyshirts who were already on the ground in Arizona, New Mexico, the Navajo Nation, and even Uganda.
TR Strike Teams
Team Rubicon Greyshirts are hustling
As of 03 SEP 21, TR personnel were actively responding to five separate disasters in more than 15 locations across the map and are in the process of preparing 12 more.
As an example, Team Rubicon’s all-volunteer Greyshirts are deployed to such locations as:
• Waverly, TN (Operation Tennessee Rivers Rumble, catastrophic flood damage in Humphreys, Dickson, and Hickman Counties)
• Denver CO (Opn Eagle Landing, Displaced Afghan settlement and support)
• Dulles International Airport, DC (Opn Eagle Landing, Displaced Afghan settlement and support)
• Ft. McCoy, WI (Opn Eagle Landing, Displaced Afghan settlement and support)
• Port-au-Prince, Haiti (Haiti earthquake response)
Also, as of 05 SEP 21 (approximately 17h00 Zulu) they advised that recce teams were in the field in New Jersey and Pennsylvania assessing what was needed there in response to heavy rainfall and flooding.
Team Rubicon Operation Eagle Landing
As you can see, in addition to responding to locations impacted by floods, Hurricane Ida, and resultant emergencies (as well as a large-scale response to Haiti after the most recent earthquake there), Team Rubicon is assisting with the resettlement of Afghans displaced from their homes after the fall of Kabul.
A recent message from TR’s CEO, Art delaCruz, read in part:
I have heard from many of you as you’ve asked, “How can I help?” We can help Afghans as they arrive and begin to resettle. Team Rubicon has raised our hands to fill roles in the resettlement of our Afghan guests and shortly, we will launch those operations. Driven by location and skills, you may soon receive an email asking you to mobilize to assist with a new mission set.
Team Rubicon will be prioritizing immediate needs in locations dictated by the Department of State and Department of Defense:
- Greyshirts will surge to manage donated goods in Ft McCoy, WI and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ.
- Greyshirts will integrate with agencies to manage coordination efforts at the Dulles Airport in Virginia.
- Greyshirts will identify and mobilize Afghan linguists to assist in resettlement efforts.
I would ask that if you have specific skills applicable to this effort, especially applicable language skills, that you please take a moment and update your roll call profile with your language proficiency and COVID vaccination status. The needs will continue to grow, and we must be prepared to act. Be ready to answer additional calls to action. I thank you in advance for your patience, flexibility, and adaptability as we meet future resettlement needs.
Be ready to GSD.
TR Hurricane Ida Response
Team Rubicon’s recon teams are assessing the storm damage in Southeast Louisiana and Southwest Mississippi. Recon teams are focused on the cities of Houma and Hammond, LA, and are planning to travel to Jean Lafitte and Laplace once they become accessible.
- There are Team Rubicon members embedded in the Louisiana and Mississippi State Emergency Operations Centers working in coordination with state and local emergency managers.
- Our route clearance teams are continuing to clear roads in the Hammond area.
- Team Rubicon Greyshirts are assisting with Crisis Cleanup by answering calls remotely. Our responses in Hammond and Houma has begun as of Sept. 3.Greyshirts will be conducting muck-outs, roof tarping and expedient home repairs, debris removal, and chainsaw operations.
- We are planning to send recon teams this weekend to Jefferson (Laffite and Jean Laffite), Lafourche, and Plaqueminas parishes in Louisiana.
- We are working to send recon teams to PA, MD, NJ and NYC to determine needs after intense flooding.
TR Tennessee and Alaska Flood Response
- Team Rubicon is launching an operation beginning Aug. 28 focusing on muckouts, debris removal and roof tarping. This operation will last at least two weeks but additional weeks are possible.
- Team Rubicon is starting a flood response in Haines Borough on Sept 2. The focus will be on mucking out homes after floods and mudslides.
TR Medical Assistance to the Navajo Nation
Team Rubicon has returned to the Navajo Nation beginning on August 15 after an increase in COVID cases from due to the Delta variant strain. This is our third support mission to the Navajo Nation to help fight against COVID.
Greyshirts are assisting medical staff at the Gallup Indian Medical Center by providing EMT’s, paramedics, ER-experienced Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Licensed Practical Nurses.
Greyshirts are decompressing the medical center and assisting with vaccine distribution.
TR Medical Assistance in Uganda
Team Rubicon has deployed a medical team to UGANDA to assist in rising cases of COVID-19. The operation began on August 8.
- There are currently two teams on the ground. One is providing an ICU Unit and a regional hospital in the city of Entebbe and the other is assisting with COVID patients in a regional hospital in the city of Siroti.
TR Long Term Operations
Resilient home repair on wood-framed, single-family houses is our primary focus. Depending on the damage, this may include roof repair, floor replacement, wall and ceiling installation, door and window replacement, and additional interior and exterior work required for restoration.
- HOUSTON REBUILD – TEXAS
- After Team Rubicon’s three-month response to Hurricane Harvey in 2017, the organization launched a two-year recovery effort to rebuild 100 homes in the Houston area.
- In Houston, 109 homes have been rebuilt to date, one is under construction and one in planning.
- GULF COAST REBUILD – LOUISIANA and TEXAS
- In the Gulf Coast, 10 homes have been rebuilt, six are under construction and 13 have been approved and are in the planning phase.
- Team Rubicon has continued its efforts in long-term recovery through home rebuilding after the successes in Houston. The new operation focuses on the Gulf Coast, specifically Calcasieu Parish, LA., and Orange County, TX.
- This rebuild effort in the region of the Gulf Coast is Team Rubicon’s fourth investment to reach beyond the immediate response phase of the disaster cycle and into the recovery phase to get homeowners back into their homes as quickly as possible.
Learn more about their Afghan family resettlement efforts.
Learn more about the Team Rubicon roll call process.
Check out TR’s financials online here.