Smith & Wesson is introducing an interesting, all-metal, hammer-fired micro-compact pistol for concealed carry, the new CSX. This lightweight, alloy-framed single-action pistol is chambered for 9mm Luger and carries 10+1 with flush magazines and 12+1 with extended mags.
“Introducing the new Smith & Wesson CSX, our latest addition to the micro-compact category, an all-alloy, all-steel handgun, hammer-fired system with the highest magazine capacity in its class,” said Senior Product Manager John Myles. “All Smith & Wesson CSXs come with a 12-round magazine and a 10-round magazine, both low-profile to minimalize printing.”
“We’re really proud of the CSX,” said Myles. This is a welcome, modern take on a time-tested concept that’s rare to see in today’s market. There are fewer and fewer companies still making all-metal hammer-fired pistols, and only a fraction of those are made for concealed carry.
Thanks to the alloy frame, the CSX weighs about the same as similar polymer-framed pistols or even a little less. The CSX has an unloaded weight of just 19.5 ounces, including the 12-round magazine.
The CSX is an ergonomic design with an 18-degree grip angle, a thin undercut trigger guard, an extended beavertail for a high-up grip and interchangeable palmswell grips, including small and extra-small grips that let the shooter customize the pistol for comfort and concealability. It’s also chamfered and de-horned to prevent snagging on clothes or a holster.
The CSX has a compact 3.1-inch barrel and comes with 3-dot combat sights. It’s an ambidextrous design with dual manual thumb safeties, dual extended slide stops and interchangeable left- or right-side magazine release buttons. It comes with a flat-faced trigger for repeatable, predicable trigger finger placement as well.
The small components, along with the stainless steel slide and barrel, have a deep black Armornite nitride finish while the aluminum alloy frame has a matte black anodized finish. In addition to the manual safeties the CSX has a passive trigger safety for even more control of the action.
The slide is has forward and rear serrations as well as a serrated topstrap to reduce glare. Like many Smith & Wesson pistols, it also has a loaded chamber port in the slide and barrel to see if a round is chambered.
With the vast majority of companies focusing on polymer-framed, striker-fired micro compacts, the CSX stands out from the rest pack.
The suggested retail price for the CSZ is $609. For more information about this very new, very different pistol, visit Smith & Wesson today.
“We are proud to finally introduce the SMITH & WESSON® CSX™, the most innovative metal pistol we have ever built. The durable micro-compact, all-metal hammer-fired pistol has a staggering 9mm capacity of 10+1 or 12+1, crisp & light single-action trigger, and superior ergonomics.”
• Aluminum alloy frame
• Glare reducing serrations on top of slide
• Interchangeable, textured backstraps including small and extra small sizes for better concealability
• Textured front strap
• Ambidextrous manual thumb safety
• Ambidextrous, elongated slide stop
• Two magazine release buttons included for left and right hand shooters
• Chamfered ejection port to help ensure no snags when drawing from holster
• Slide includes EZ-tab integration for simpler racking
• Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
• Flat faced trigger with integrated safety for a consistent ﬁnger placement
• Single action for a light, crisp trigger pull for accurate shot placement
• 1 in 10˝ twist rate
• Armornite durable corrosion resistant ﬁnish
- SKU 12615
- Model S&W CSX
- Caliber 9mm Luger
- Capacity 10+1, 12+1
- Length 6.1
- Front Sight Metal White Dot
- Rear Sight Metal White 2-Dot
- Action Single Action
- Grip Interchangeable Backstraps
- Barrel Material Stainless Steel with Armornite Finish
- Slide Material Stainless Steel with Armornite Finish
- Frame Material Aluminum Alloy
- Slide Finish Matte Black
- Frame Finish Matte Black
- Barrel Length 3.1 in. (7.9 cm)
- Weight 19.5 oz.